Here at Express, we tout the many benefits of trenchless plumbing all the time and with good reason: it saves both time and money. No matter how clichéd that may seem, no matter how meaningless it may sound, when it comes to trenchless technology, it’s true. We’re committed to bringing our valued customers the fore of plumbing technology. That means trenchless technology for Sacramento.
Just to briefly recap, trenchless plumbing:
- Is more affordable
- Is greener and more sustainable
- Is the most durable product on the market
- Is ideal for homeowners and cities alike
- Is non-invasive and requires no digging
People ask us all the time how it’s done. The beauty of its genius is its simplicity, its common sense. Basically, Sacramento trenchless plumbing uses both existing pipes and access points to reline pipes underneath the ground. Think of it as a pipe within a pipe. The new liner, which now resides inside the older pipe, is extremely strong, guaranteed to last over 50 years.
Avoiding digging is absolutely key to the method. Digging is destructive, costly and inefficient. It’s also dirty. It can potentially unearth toxins including silt and other harmful substances. Not only that, but when you take into account all the heavy equipment spewing filth into the atmosphere and the expense of all that heavy machinery, you can see how costs quickly add up.
Then there is labor to consider. With trenchless plumbing, sometimes called cured-in-place pipe (CIPP), crews are minimal, keeping overhead low and saving taxpayers and homeowners considerable cash.
But…the question remains: what equipment, then, do we have to use to perform trenchless pipe rehabilitation in Sacramento?
Trenchless Plumbing And Pipe Rehab In Sacramento: The Nuts And Bolts
As far as specific equipment goes, that will depend on what type of trenchless repairs we will be doing. Different job sites demand specific methods and tools. For example, pipe bursting will necessarily be different from pipe relining. However, for the sake of convenience, we compiled this short list of equipment and a few details about each.
Of course, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Expander Head – The expander head is used for pipe bursting. Today's expander heads have a leading end much smaller in diameter than the trailing (bursting) end, small enough to fit through the pipe that will be replaced. The smaller leading end is designed to guide the expander head through the existing pipe; earlier models did not have this feature and lost course at times, resulting in incomplete pipe bursts and project failures. Pipe bursting is generally a last resort method because it breaks up the pipe beneath the soil. It’s used when sewer pipes, gas lines, water lines or any other type of conduit are extensively damaged. Here at Express we use Tric pipe bursting. Check out our dedicated web page about pipe bursting in Sacramento.
- Ditch Witch Directional Drills – Directional boring is a steerable trenchless method of installing underground pipes, conduits and cables in along a path using surface-launched drilling rig. Like other trenchless tech, it causes minimal impact on the surrounding area. Directional boring is used when trenching or excavating is not practical. It is suitable for a variety of soil conditions and jobs including road, landscape and river crossings. Today’s drilling rigs are getting cleaner and cleaner. At Express, we always strive to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Lateral Lining – Perma-Liner epoxies are what create the new pipe inside the failing pipe. Epoxies can be formulated based on soil composition for a longer, stronger life.
- Sectional Point Repair Kits – Sectional Point Repair System provides structural repair without digging the existing pipeline or lining the entire pipeline. This is ideal for pipes that have small damage points. It’s exact.
Want To Know More About The Tools We Use For Trenchless Pipe Rehabilitation In Sacramento?
We could honestly write for hours about how trenchless tech has revolutionized plumbing, providing massive benefits to our society, to our environment and to our bank accounts. If you’d like to know more, please peruse our blog, check out our site, call us or email us. We’re available to explain to you everything you’d like to know about Sacramento trenchless technology.
Topics: Trenchless Technology