Express Sewer & Drain knows that clogged drains are a common Sacramento drain cleaning concern. If you can’t clear the clog using a plunger, you may be able to fix your Sacramento drain cleaning problem using a drain snake. Here are some tips for running your own drain snake to address your Sacramento drain cleaning needs.
Use This Sacramento Drain Cleaning Method for Using a Drain Snake to Unclog a Sink
- Disconnect the p-trap by loosening the nuts. Look into the pipe and see if you can find the cause of your Sacramento drain cleaning problem. If you don’t see the clog, it may be further down the pipe.
- For the next step in this Sacramento drain cleaning method, pull twelve inches of cable out of the drain snake and push it into the drain line.
- If you don’t feel any resistance, pull out more cable and continue pushing into the drain until you hit the source of your Sacramento drain cleaning problem.
- Once you’ve reached the clog, tighten the set screw at the front of the drain snake.
- Push the cable forward while cranking the handle clockwise. You’re halfway there to solving your Sacramento drain cleaning problem!
- Once you run out of cable, loosen the set screw at the front of the drain snake. Then pull out an additional twelve inches of cable. Retighten the set screw and continue cranking clockwise.
- Continue this Sacramento drain cleaning process until you have broken up the clog. You’ll know the clog is clear when you can no longer feel resistance on the drain snake cable.
- If this hasn’t solved your Sacramento drain cleaning problem, try the push and pull method. Do this by feeding cable about three feet into the drain and then pulling two feet back out. Next, try feeding in four feet of cable and pulling two feet back out. Use this Sacramento drain cleaning method until you’ve cleared the clog.
- Lastly, begin retrieving the drain snake cable by pulling one or two feet of cable out at a time. As you finish this Sacramento drain cleaning method, continue to use a clockwise motion. If you use the opposite direction, you may re-clog your pipe.
Sacramento Drain Cleaning Tips
- Start your Sacramento drain cleaning method off right. Before disconnecting the p-trap, place a bucket underneath to catch any water that may be inside.
- Avoid messes from this Sacramento drain cleaning method. Be careful when feeding the drain snake cable back into the spool because the black grease smells bad and can splatter.
- While you have your p-trap disconnected, check the inside. If you notice signs of corrosion, it’s a good idea to replace it now and prevent another Sacramento drain cleaning problem.
If you have any issues or if you would like the help of a trained professional, please feel free to give us a call.
Topics: Drain Cleaning